Within the dynamic healthcare industry space, we are seeing more and more organizations acquire and divest subsidiaries as their business model demands. Each merger, acquisition, and divestiture (MAD) is its own unique project with specific needs. However, when it comes to RL6, there are many unique scenarios that can arise over time as business needs change.
The need to combine application systems and data is becoming more prevalent. Though the process can become quite complex very quickly, we often receive inquiries related to mergers and acquisition that fall into two main scenarios:
- Both involved parties utilize separate RL Solutions application systems
- One of two or more involved parties utilizes RL Solutions application systems
Here are some things to consider when a MAD scenario comes up:
- Locations: How do location structures/constraints change when a MAD occurs? The client may need to add or remove items
- Users: Going through a MAD would mean potentially adding or disabling users
- Residual Areas: With the above examples in mind, how do location and user changes affect other application areas? For example:
- Scope definitions – Does access need to be adjusted for any users?
- Alert Definitions – Do templates need to be adjusted based on criteria that has now changed?
- Report Templates – Do reports need to be adjusted based on criteria that has now changed?
- Changes to interfaces (patient lookups, CSV-based lookups, etc)
- Changes to authentication (the need to add/remove Active Directory domains)
- Historical Data: In the scenario of a divestiture, does the data need to be extracted for the departing party? Do they intend on taking the data to another vendor, or do they want their own data spun off into a separate instance of RL6? If a merger is occurring, do we need to bring in external data (conversion) in addition to onboarding efforts?
There is a lot more that goes into a merger & acquisition. We can assist by providing subject matter expertise in the following areas:
- Scoping out specific requirements with all involved parties
- Outlining multiple options for each unique client scenario
- Providing a detailed project plan and timeline
- Guiding validation activities with all involved parties
Working with us from the very beginning can ensure your transition is as smooth and predictable as possible, and will ensure minimal downtime during the transition.